Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What about Mentor FPGA Advantage ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regnum

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fpga advantage 9

Is anyone using Mentor FPGA Advantage ?

Its design capture tools look so powerful, is it as good as seems?

I'd like to know your comments...

mentor fpga advantage

If you know Russian, you can go at "http://www.telesys.ru/wwwboards/fpga/index.shtml".
I don't use it. I use Quartus for FPGA Design and quite satisfied with it.

It is OK. I use it to do project management. This guy is just like a IDE, It provides you a visual design environment, you can integrate respective singel point tools into this enviroment, e.g. simulator, synthesizer, place and rout tools. It is OK to design creation. for source code debugging, I prefer debussy that can provide better sch view.

I've used version upto 5.4. It looks powerful at the first glance. But later you may find that some obviously simple task is hard to achieve in its environment.

One missing feature compared to ISE is that they can't display the design component in a hierachy way. Not sure whether their new version has this.

But genearlly speaking, i'll vote it positively.

regards

hi, does new version of fa include prec!s!on?

From 6.1, they start to support precision.

regards

I more like summit's VisualElite.

z81203 said:
hi, does new version of fa include prec!s!on?

Started from the 6.1 FA include both precis1on and leonador, but you

have to choose one when you install. So you can't install both of them.

I think people will perfer ampl1fy then pr1cision.

It is a difficult tool to use (GUI) if you really want to explorer all features and unleash true power. It is OK to use for synthesizing (Leonardo Spectrum) and timing (ModelSim). Not my favorite.

Delay (delayed by technology)

Status
Not open for further replies.