Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

website copier software needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirrel

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI
i need a software that can copy/capture websites efficiently. Please note that i'm not root so please tell me the softwares which could be installed in the home directory without any root permission. I have tried httrack but failed to start the gui version webhttrack. Please help

thanks

squirrel said:
HI
i need a software that can copy/capture websites efficiently. Please note that i'm not root so please tell me the softwares which could be installed in the home directory without any root permission. I have tried httrack but failed to start the gui version webhttrack. Please help

thanks

Hello,

Maybe you can try wget.

Hope this helps!

Atre said:
Hello,

Maybe you can try wget.

Hope this helps!

Is wget a website copier or download manager? can it be installed without having a root access? does it have a gui version?
please mention.

thanks

wget is a non-interactive website downloader. You don't need root access or a gui. Simply run with the --mirror option to copy the entire site.
ex:
$ wget --mirror **broken link removed**

squirrel

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
umairsiddiqui said:
h**p://www.httrack.com
HTTrack is a free (libre/open source) and easy-to-use offline browser utility.
Source code is available for Windows and Linux/Unix/BSD.

HI
thanks for the reply.
i've installed httrack but i cannot start the webhttrack. would you please help me about webhttrack?
thanks again.

Added after 1 hours 32 minutes:

gliss said:
wget is a non-interactive website downloader. You don't need root access or a gui. Simply run with the --mirror option to copy the entire site.
ex:
$ wget --mirror h**p://site.name/path

HI
thanks
i'll try it in no time. i hope the performance of the software will be good. would you please tell me about some website copier software that has interactive or gui mode? i need window option i don't like to work with the terminal command.

Added after 6 minutes:

suppose i want to mirror (copy) a site to a destination folder /tmp/site. i use proxy server. so what will be the complere command in wget?

Even if wget is not interactive, it is powerfull, more than any GUI windows based website downloader.
You don't need to install it, most linux distributions have it by default.
You can leave it running in background, or even keep it running after you close your session, using NOHUP.
Try wget --help to get a full list of options.

I recommend you to use the command line. It is much more powerfull than GUI interfaces.

Good look!

Mauro Casse.

wget is excellent. if you're using windows you can use flashget with nettransport (which is a greate piece of software for capturing streamed videos)

MetaProducts Offline Explorer Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.