Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Web page on Microcontroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neddie

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all.
Hope I'm in the correct forum here.
I have a board that has a micro(pic24fj256ga106) , a GSM module(SIM900) and some eeprom.
The micro talks to the GSM module via it's serial port using AT commands , pretty standard.
I use it to control various IO via sms or incoming calls. It also sends sms's on input triggers.

If I want to change it to "host" a website and control the IO via a webpage , do I have all that is required.
I have got a pic32 ethernet dev kit that I got working , but that was via the ethernet port.
How do I access an "onboard" website via the GSM module. I've never done anything like this ,
so I'm totally in the dark here :0(. I'm assuming the GSM module is online and I know it's IP at this stage.
Any pointers or help appreciated.

Cheers
Neddie

you have to direct TCP/IP traffic from the GSM unit to your TCP/IP stack. If you study the ethernet code, you can see that data from the ethernet port is sent to the stack.

For the GSM unit you need to make a driver that extracts TCP/IP data from the AT commands and then send this to the TCP/IP stack and vice versa..

Thanks , I'll look into it.
Sounds complicated though :0(

with ethernet it should not be complicated as the library is well documented. If you know how to implement a TCP/IP stack then half the job is done. If you are using Microchip's TCP/IP stack then there should be no problem, as it is well documented.

You have to figure out how data is sent/received via AT commands.

thanks
a

Status
Not open for further replies.