Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

web cam microcotroller interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilgekaan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
webcam microcontroller

did any one try to interface webcam ( ov511 with built in usb ) with microcontroller .
have any documents or is there any special protocol for this

microcontroller webcam

We had a discussion here about implementing a USB host (which would be needed) into a microcontroller and came to the conclusion that this can not be done :-(

A USB host controls the USB bus and is much more complex than a USB client (like your webcam) and is normally implemented as a software driver in the PC.

So I am afraid the answer is no it can not be done (at least not in the moment) ...

best regards

usb webcam microcontroller

I personally think that we should use the image sensor rather than web cam to have better image quality.

Visit this link

http://www.jrobot.net/

All the software in GNU. Have a look.

interfacing webcam with microcontroller

i have already checked this pages , but cheapest camera module with digital output is about 55 usd

you can buy a usb web cam around 10-15 usd and you can easliy find them in oem shops

i t is difficult for me to buy component outside turkey ,not for the prices but customs . there are lots of bureaucracy in the customs . they check 1-2 usd sample component orders

webcam to microcontroller

Here is simple solution for USB camera - just bough any network router with USB host port running Linux. They are quite cheap now (I can find some for 30-40$).
And you can do anything with this stuff. I even saw fingerprint scanner connected to such router with all recognition software on internal flash added to Linux. It is definitely "web-cam + uC" solution, becuase routers like this use MIPS or ARM as a core uC.

interface webcam microcontroller

ACE-X,

This seems a great idea to use a switch.. :)

Do you have products name to give to us ?
I know linksys wag54 use linux but they are not in the $30-40 range.

Thanks a lot.

webcam atmel

sekafree said:
ACE-X,
This seems a great idea to use a switch.. :)
Do you have products name to give to us ?
I know linksys wag54 use linux but they are not in the $30-40 range.
Thanks a lot.

There are many of them. You can use Google to find offers. I got my Asus WL500g for $42 (bargain price). Refurbished routers can be even cheaper. Also, keep in mind that you don't need Wi-Fi router for this task - there are some usual network routers with USB port and they are very cheap. Also, even if it run its own OS, most of the time it can be re-programmed to Linux. Check, for example, this project for details: **broken link removed**

Last tip for searching: most popular SoC for WiFi and usual routers come from Broadcom and Conexant.

Good luck!

web cam interface with 8051

Is there any detailed info on using computer tools for embedded design?please if you know more sites place link here for all.

web cam microcontroller interface

If you can find an old logitech(or whatever) parallel port webcam,you can easily connect to webcam with microcontroller like 18F452.But generally these old cams is black and white.

interface webcam with microcontroller

Ace-X said:
Here is simple solution for USB camera - just bough any network router with USB host port running Linux. They are quite cheap now (I can find some for 30-40$).
And you can do anything with this stuff. I even saw fingerprint scanner connected to such router with all recognition software on internal flash added to Linux. It is definitely "web-cam + uC" solution, becuase routers like this use MIPS or ARM as a core uC.

I think that's what i need! A fingerprint scanner (USB, is it?) connected to a router with all matching software included!!! Where can i find this product? Any links ? I need this badly ;)

webcam interfacing with microcontroller 8952

I so Ericsson camera for T68 for 40-50 $ . It uses UART(?) to transwer picture to the mobile . But i could not find its protocol description .

bilgekaan did not mention how the camera will be used . if it is just to take photo snashots it could be possible to use analog cams with high speed ADC and use more than one frame for single snapshot conversion - that will reduce mcu power requirements .

webcam interface microcontroller

irfansyah said:
I think that's what i need! A fingerprint scanner (USB, is it?) connected to a router with all matching software included!!! Where can i find this product? Any links ? I need this badly ;)

You can find it here: h**p://www.neurotechnologija.com/
Look under section FingerCell EDK/Router EDK.

webcam interfacing to microcontroller

I know a set of fingerprint scanner with usb interface using omnivision chipsets.....
Inside with some reflective lens for good scanning......

microcontroller web camera interface

Hi
Normally an ARM chip already have the USB frontend.
The vendors even provide free source code so you can enumerate your device as a suitable slave.
Chips like STR7x from ST have 8 2 way or 16 singleway buffers
The industry has proposed a new standard, modifying the code so these engines could act as a Slave or Master. This is named USB On-The-Go
To adequate the hardware it propose a dual A/B connector and the circuit is very simple, with a nice example in the Transdimension TD242 chip.

Atmel has released 2 realy nice solutions:
For video imaging, the AT76C120 video processor can generate MPEG-4 in real time from an rgb input. This means, you can throw away all those 160x80 10 fps webcams and transmit real DVD @ 32Kbps over GPRS.
For fingerpint, the best is the thermal AT77C101B sensor, worth have a look.

Anyone interested in work for a gnu On-The-Go for the STR7x series give me a call.

Best

Pads

how to connect a webcam to microcontroller

There are some OTG(USB On The Go) like Atmel AT43USB370 which you can use as USB Host too.You can find the USB specification for Still Image Capture Device
on www.usb.org too.If you don't have any experience in usb firmware programming,(maybe)you have to spend alt of time for it.

Regards

hi at all
Can we connect a web cam to ARM7 LPCs that support Device/Host/OTG usb?
Is it easy? or need special code?
with the best regards
Reza

abdolla888 said:
hi at all
Can we connect a web cam to ARM7 LPCs that support Device/Host/OTG usb?
Is it easy? or need special code?
with the best regards
Reza

Not just an easy job.
First u have to embed the driver code into ur controller. I don't think its an easy job.

Anyway good luck and, I can help u if u r using PIC32.

Hi ,
You can , the tighten is to get ISOCHRONOUS treamming from CAM in 1ms time transfer , some camera have minimum 128byte , 256byte .. 1024byte.
I done on this on ARM and USB HOST controller.

rgds,

it may be better and much easier to interface a webcam to a laptop, you could keep the cost down by using a suitable Linux OS.

The advantage here is that you would be using off-the shelf hardware and software. Secondly customization can be easily done using a suitable High level language. You are also more likely to get better support with such languages.

Thats just my view..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back