Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

weakness of formal verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemon_duck

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Recently, I heard a lot benefit of formal verification from Japser salesman, but I'm wondering what the formal verification can't do, and in future, does formal verification has possibility to replace function verification?

the formal verification tool can't do complex a algorithm design and if you don't set the constrain properly , the formal verification result won't be good!

fm verification is just one node of total verification. Function verification, fm_verificaion, physical verification and back_annoted verification.

In my opinion, fm verification is used to be sure the consistent of your RTL code and synthesised netlist

hi , aaronhe , your opinion about the formal tool is the function formal tool which will be used for RTL vs Netlist!
the formal verification is another tool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back