Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WCDMA/UMTS-FDD radio network planning and optimisation tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_alswidi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
UMTS help?

Hi all,
Does anyone have a "WCDMA/UMTS-FDD radio network planning and optimisation tool" or a link to get one?

thanx in advance

Re: UMTS help?

hi
does anyone have ANY planning tool for umts or can suggest anyway to get a tool??
pls help

I add my voice to both of you .. Any tools there for UMTS Detailed Radio Planning ?

There is a book..
Radio network planning and optimization for UMTS by Laiho And wacker
2nd edition

This book comes with a cd which contains a tool for umts planning. this is implemented in matlab and algos are well explained.

I need this book as well as this tool. I have the first edition of this book in pdf format.

Hi everybody!
me too i need really a planning tools for umts
emg

UMTS help?

dear all,
many tolls are available for planning in UMTS. these are used by different vendors / operators. few are

Planet EV by Marconi
Asset Aircom
TEMS cell planner by Ericsson
Netact by Nokia

but you need licenses for that. hope that it helps

the Atoll 2g/3g planning sw from Frosk also works well.

Gauiver,have you used anyone? if yes, what do you think obout it?
Thanks

Added after 17 minutes:

Dear all, a nother tool very interesting: Opnet
emg

UMTS help?

well emg have some idea about only few but just from the end user perspective not from the programming perspective. these are quite expensive tools and mostly big operators have like just 3 to 6 licenses. few are time based and you have to renew them. really expensive one. if u tell in detail what u want to do then people will prove to be more helpful.

rgds
Gauiver

Thank you Gauiver for these details. I work on the planning and optimizations of the networks 3G, and I would like to enrich the study by simulations.
Best regards

Why do you need this tool for? Do you work for operator? In general those tools are very expensive (~50 kEUR per license) and I suppose you don't have any chance to get one for free.

You can have a look at laboratory example of Nokia's software attached to Laiho's book at:
www.wiley.com//legacy/wileychi/laiho/

I worked with many tools for 3G network planning because I give consultancy in this area - the two leading ones are Atoll by Forsk (rebranded for Alcatel, Vodafone...) and Asset by Aircom (also rebranded for Siemens, Nokia...) unfortunatelly both are slow.

As for optimisation tools for UMTS it is a diffrent story and there is at least dozen of different companies on the market.

Hope this helps ;-)

Does anyone work on opnet? plz reply

Dear surykatki

you wrote that u worked with Foresk Atoll, I am actually working on it for the purpose of EV-DO planning. I have some questions that need an expert opinion. I be happy if we can talk.
here is my email: mesfiwi@gmail.com
thanks

Hi guys,

It may be too late, but have a look on the free Agileto software:

https://agileto.com/goldedition.html

Cheers,
:)

Dear surykatki

you wrote that u worked with Foresk Atoll, I am actually working on it for the purpose of EV-DO planning. I have some questions that need an expert opinion. I be happy if we can talk.
here is my email: mesfiwi@gmail.com
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back