Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wavwscan initialize failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxing

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

I am installing Cadence IC4141 on my Redhat AS3.0 and everything is O.K. except that when I invoke analog artist, it said that can not connect wavescan and innitalize analog artist failed. Does anybody know the reason and how to fix it?

Thanks

something wrong with your license

First read the document about wavescan. Maybe you need to setup some environment. Or maybe you lack some features.

U should install legacy software development

ic_eda said:
U should install legacy software development

please explain :what is legacy software development.is it some cadence update

regards
amarnath

there is no wavescan any more

but the release notes of cadence ic 5.1.41 says wavscan is a new feature.please check your release notes and correct me if iam wrong.

regards
amarnath

nxing said:
Hello everybody,

I am installing Cadence IC4141 on my Redhat AS3.0 and everything is O.K. except that when I invoke analog artist, it said that can not connect wavescan and innitalize analog artist failed. Does anybody know the reason and how to fix it?

Thanks
There is bug for glibc.
Please update your glibc and add a command in .bashrc.
The command line is
export MALLOC_CHECK_=0

Then the warning message disappears and the wavescan is not be killed.

The same problem had occured when i tried installing cadence on FC 2.can any changes be made so that wavescan runs on FC-2.but it runs perfectly on RH 8.0
besides this i am not able to run MAGMA on FC-2 .the GUI fails to initialize....please help

Status
Not open for further replies.