Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wavelet transform question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystique_unbound

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
WAVELET TRANSFORM

I found from net that Fourier analysis fails when non stationarity is introduced into the signal . When the signal has randomness
say a signal with sinusoidal frequency of 100K for 10ms and then it has a frequency of 50K for next 10ms fourier analysis will show both the frequencies .But i am having a doubt here .

the signal can be viewed as apulsed signal
sin(100hz)*pulse(10ms) + sin(50K)*pulse(time shifed 10ms)

For this the fourier transform will be a sinc function at 100K and an exponentially decaying (decay constant is 10w)SINC at 50K .

Which cuses the problem ? We are using normal fourier analysis for FSK,BPSK which are also of pulsed nature ? how can we employ Wavelet there .What is the signigficance

Re: WAVELET TRANSFORM

hello friend,

See impulses are only there is theoritical cconcepts.. mathematically speakinging yes u are right they will be different but See matlab simulations and practically observing things in the analyzer u wont able to distinguish the non stationary and stationary spectrum.

regards.

WAVELET TRANSFORM

i need a good toturial for wavelet transform, source code (matlab) and its application, please help me
my mail : darush_a_m@noavar.com

Re: WAVELET TRANSFORM

This is a nice and a very clear tutorial pn wavelet transform:

h**p://users.rowan.edu/~polikar/WAVELETS/WTtutorial.html

Try it.

Regards,

--rs

Status
Not open for further replies.