Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wavelength in waveguide

Status
Not open for further replies.

akmsali

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Fellows,

[align=justify:2303daa709] If I am designing a horn antenna thanwhat is the wavelength in the waveguide. Is it a free space wavelength or do we have to calculate the wavelength in the waveguide, since horn is an open waveguide, dont you think we will consider free space wavelength in the waveguide. Please reply me as early as possible.[/align:2303daa709]
Thanks

i think you must think the vawelenth in the waveguide

By the time the field gets to the far end of the horn it is the free space value. Horns are much broader bandwidth than waveguides.

Keep in mind that the horn should have a long taper for best swr.

HI
The far field design is by freespace wavelength and the characters such as matching or transmitting by guiden wavelenght
CaoCao p

All wavelength specifications of horn antennas are considered to be wl. in free space. The approximation of horn as open waveguide works only for long small-angle horns. The waves in the horn don't describes by harmonic (complex exponent) function, usually it's a special functions like Bessel (sectorial horn) or Hankel (pyramidal horn). This should be takes into account in wide-angle horn design.

Best regards,
Kit-the-great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back