Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Waveguide S11 in CST MWS 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreik201

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.
When I run a simulation for a simple rectangular waveguide in a frequency range that includes the cutoff frequency, I should see a change in the S-parameters that show the cutoff behavior of the wave stream. But S11 does not show what should come out according to calculations.The cutoff frequency should be at 6.5-13 GHz. The waveguide itself is 23x10 mm length 1000, wall width 1 mm.According to calculations here only TE10. I use Time Domain Solver. Boundary Add Space.

Attachments

• forum.jpg
    forum.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 41

I would like to clarify the length of the waveguide is just 1000 mm, there is still a gap in the waveguide in the form of a dumbbell, where the width is 0.5 mm, the radius is 2.5 mm, it is located in the middle of the narrow wall of the waveguide

Status
Not open for further replies.