Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Waveguide Port of Differential Microstrip in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

yhchen

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
differential microstrip waveguide

Hi seniors,

I would like to simulate a differential microstrip line, and the waveguide port with multipin port is used. However, The line impedance can not be simulated correctly. Most of my simulation result are 85ohms of 100ohms geometry. Could someone provide any suggestion?

BTW, simulation file is attached.

Thanks![/b]

cst mesh cells density

Hi yhchen,
welcome to the forum,

I have a couple of questions:
1. Did you calculate the desired parameters for your line?
2. Did you get the theoretical desired impedance?

If you did so, then the problem with your design is Mesh-related.
Your model shows very thin meshing in the port area- especially in the line area.
My suggestions:
a. Increase mesh density in the line area. The transverse mesh cells sholud be about h_substrate/4.
b. Decrease the port size - about 8x(line width) X 5x(h_substrate).
c.Boundaries for the surrounding box can be Electric - reduces calculation time.

Good luck,
P.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
cst differenial port

Hi P.,

Thanks
All parameters that I set in CST are calculated for 100ohm differential line, but the simulation result is different from desired.

The port size was decreased and boundaries were changed to Electric. However, I can not increase transverse mesh density by increasing "Lines per wavelength" or "Lower mesh limit".

yhc

V

cst waveguide port microstrip

Select the desired component -> right click -> mesh properties -> and then set the mesh density of the desired component.
If the mesh doesn't change, increase the "lower mesh limit". I do not recommend modifying "lines per wavelength" for this kind of problem.

Regards,
P.

V

cst differential simulation

Thanks a lot!
However, I still can not get calculated impednace from CST.

:|

V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back