Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Waveguide bends standard- request for references

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcpascua

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Waveguide bends standard

Hi. I've been reading the documents here: **broken link removed**
(file is also attached) regarding waveguide bends and twists.

I need some help interpreting it. In page 2 to 3 of "MIL-HDBK-660", there is Table 1. How do I interpret the first column? I could easily understand what RG 109/U, RG 50/U, etc are; but I don't get the other contents of the first column (e.g. 23 to 6-1/2 inches, 6-1/2 x 3-1/4 inches, 3 x 1-1/2, etc). I'm not even sure if "6-1/2" stands for "6 to 1/2" or "six and a half". (It seems to be the latter though). How would I translate these numbers to the standard waveguide sizes?

Further, there is this paragraph:

"EXAMPLE A: The radii of preformed bends for RG 48/u is 7.5 inches, whereas ,
the radii of bends formed for RG 48/U TE1O mode wavelength range (lowest to
highest recommended operating frequency) is from 4.539 to 2.987 inches. The
mean wavelength is 3.763 inches and a waveguide half wavelength is 1.8825 inches.
Any multiple-of 1.8825 inches that generates a radius greater than 7.5 inches
shall be used as the mean electrical length of a formed bend for RG 48/u vave-
guide.."

Where'd it get the "7.5 in"? 7.5 seems to be the supposed minimum bend radius, but I didn't see any 7.5 in the last column of Table 1. How would I determine what value I would use in lieu of 7.5 if I use a different waveguide dimension? (Note that the value 7.5 is actually used in the subsequent calculations).

I would also appreciate other references for bending waveguides. I hope somebody can help me. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back