Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wmoi3

Wavecom WMOi3 modem datasheet/user guide V1.4

wavecom wmoi3

Hey how does one connect the module for testing? It seems to have a very small 2x25 male connector. It looks like IDC but it is much smaller.

Any ideas?

Thanks
~B

wmoi3 datasheet

Yes, it's 0.5 inch space between pins.We have these modems including 2x25 male connectors.

www.taptronics.com

ds18s20 said:
Hey how does one connect the module for testing? It seems to have a very small 2x25 male connector. It looks like IDC but it is much smaller.

Any ideas?

Thanks
~B

modem wavecom wmoi3

I e-mailed orders@taptronics.com but it bounced my e-mail. I just need a cable with connector. Can you sell me one?

The web site does work but the e-mail didnt

Thanks
~B

wmoi3

HEllo, does someone know if the module support SMS messaging in text mode?
Thanks.

Kill

wmoi3

killboy2000 said:
HEllo, does someone know if the module support SMS messaging in text mode?
Kill

Yes it does.

Both mobile term and org

~B

wavecom wmoi3 at

It finally works, yay. Connector was found at HSC Santa Clara for $0.07 each LOL

Re: wavecom wmoi3 at

It finally works, yay. Connector was found at HSC Santa Clara for $0.07 each LOL

can you please tell me the link for the connector?

thanks

Added 7/23/2010 regarding the 50-pin WMOi3 connector:

I get asked often the key question about Wavecom WMOi3 GSM module: where does one find that super small 50 pin board-to-board connector in such configuration as to solder those individual wires meaning the connector has the usual leads exposed after it fits into the module? Well I found it at HSC Electronics Supply, HSC Electronic Supply - Silicon Valley's Electronic Marketplace

However they don't sell something that small on-line. If you don't know what HSC is, think of a warehouse for components. Endless shelves with parts, most sold by the pond. Little inventory on the web site and every weekend - a parking lot sale

hi
thanks for the information
but i am unable to find the connector online on HSC website. Is it plausible for you to sell connector to me? I needed 100 connectors.
thanks

hi
thanks for the information
but i am unable to find the connector online on HSC website. Is it plausible for you to sell connector to me? I needed 100 connectors.
thanks

They don't list such small parts on the web site, I think your best bet would be to e-mail me and I could give you the part #

This place is like a huge warehouse with thousands of bins full of parts. You can spend hours looking for small stuff and some times you find what you are looking for; and some times you don't.

The project which I built using the connector is here:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…