Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wave Port in Driven Terminal Solution in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KawtherHamad

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Salam,
Hello

I have a problem in defining the waveport in the driven terminal solution type in the HFSS. I do not have the below steps (check the attached image) as those existing in the HFSS V10 User Guide>

I am using HFSS v13. Once i go for HFSS --> Excitations --> Assign --> WavePort, i get the below dialog (check the attached image )

, please help me. Your support is much appreciated.

Kawther Hamad, WavePort on Driven Terminal HFSS V10 User Guide.PNGWaveport on Driven Terminal HFSS V13.PNG

Last edited:

Hi KawtherHamad,

It looks like your port only touches one conductor (Coax_Pin). Is this what you wanted?

My problem is that i do not get the steps as mentioned the userguide of hfss v10.
All of what i get is the dialog shown in the second photo. I do not know how to create the waveport using this dialog, or if i have to assign terminals or not.

Thank you for your support.
Kawther Hamad

Hello Dear,

I am getting an error while giving lumped port,,
[error] No conductors were found on port '1', so auto assignment of conductors on that port cannot proceed.
Can you help me with this?
I have attached my image in drop box.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p43uenau5ukp0j6/1.png?dl=0

Thanks

you should set HFSS->solution type as Terminal, then you can get a window like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back