Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wave files for speech synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am looking for wave file for numbers 0,1,2,3,.. and alphabets ab,c,d etc for making a small talking clock like instrument. Can anyone point to any such source containing thes wave files.

thnx

Hi,
I think you can not find wave files like this because everybody uses their own sound fonts like this job.Why don't you build a new sound font for your proggy?
Cheers,

Analyzer.

Here you go. Please let us know how your project
comes out.

Regards,

Thanks Nick C.

Analyzer, can you shed some light as to how to make my own sound fonts. I dont have a studio voice. is there a software to make such fonts

@Techie :

You can do this job with a handy sound recorder and editor.A while ago, one of my friend wrote a proggy like yours and recorded his own voice and coded to play in his program.

Analyzer.

Analyzer, I did try that. The technical aspects is not a problem since I have simple wave editor to do this and recording sound is not a problem. The problem is a studio quality voice. I dont have that.

Hmm,

My friend used a stereo Sony microphone (600 ohms) and a thin cloth in front of mike.I've listened all records and i think he did a great job.Anywayz, Nick C. supplied instant sound font.Try ;)

Analyzer.

i'm tryin to develop a gadget which is of low cost and can be utilized for locayion sound recording can anyone help me in getting the necessary links and information.please send ne PM mail
thanx,
techsree

Hey tachie,

I'm designing a talking keypad. Can you please help me understand the audio area. How are you processing the wave file? Is your clock implemented in Hardware or Software? If the clock is implemented using Hardware (and Firmware) then what did you use to decode the wave files? What type of stand alone storage media and controller did you use?

Everyone: Is there cheap or better way of implementing such a system? I was thinking mp3 file and CompactFlash... any suggestion are greatly appriciated. Please help.

Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back