Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Water valves controlling project

Status
Not open for further replies.
pranam77 said:
As the thread is related to the same topic what you are discussing about, you may continue on this thread.
Ok.."triac took too long to turn off" can you explain this in detail? Assume that you have connected a 40 watt bulb to the triac and now explain how it works at your end.
Cheers

alright, as i've been dealing with solenoid valves,
the thing is, after i turn on the opto, the water came out from the valves, and when i turn off the opto, the water continue coming out from the valves from an amount of time, 10-15s i guessed, den only it turns off..
i acknowledged that it might caused by the solenoid valves as they're inductive loads,
right?
so how do i settle it?

Thank you very much for your fast reply =)

any1 pls? i'm stuck with the project for 2 days because of this, any1? pls?!
thank you very very much

Measure with a multimeter that wether the gate is still triggered by any source even afetr it is swicthed OFF. Its the only cause i guess...Nothing elese. I have worked with solenoids connected to triacs with out any problems. Refering to the datasheet of BT12/600, you'll find a different snubber circuit used for inductive as well for Non-inductive loads.
Cheers

alvinthen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
pranam77 said:
Measure with a multimeter that wether the gate is still triggered by any source even afetr it is swicthed OFF. Its the only cause i guess...Nothing elese. I have worked with solenoids connected to triacs with out any problems. Refering to the datasheet of BT12/600, you'll find a different snubber circuit used for inductive as well for Non-inductive loads.
Cheers

hey, you're right, after all it's not induced current problem, the 5V adapter, which i used to supply current to the opto, is continuing to supply current for bout 10 sec even it's switched/plugged off

thanks alot pranam

You are most welcome. For knowing tht triac connections better, you may have a look at this picture posted by "tahmid".
40_1277663481.jpg

i don't really understand bout quadrant, i jz know that i have to turn on the valves when i give a logic '1' and off for '0'.
so the diagram above is kinda confusing to me.

ps: dun get me wrong, i appreciate your help, but my knowledge is not too strong :x

Ok..its fine..you may continue the way you find convinient. Good luck.

pranam77 said:
You are most welcome. For knowing tht triac connections better, you may have a look at this picture posted by "tahmid".
40_1277663481.jpg

can i just use either of the possible triac arrangement if i dun need to care which quadrant to trigger?

Yes..its just simple triac triggering cicruit. Dont worry about the quadrants..You may use any one of the two circuits given on the bottom side which are not cross marked.

alvinthen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Yes..its just simple triac triggering cicruit. Dont worry about the quadrants..You may use any one of the two circuits given on the bottom side which are not cross marked.

I want thank you too. It is very useful info. As I know when circuit work in IV quadrant triac provide more noise than it is work in I and III quadrants. NXP provide new technology Hi-Com triac work only in I, II , III quadrants.

Most reliable method is use an integrated SSR relay... DC 20mA in and 10A ac out... $3 or so... hundreds of options.. with snubbers for dv/dt crosstalk or zero-cross-switch (ZCS) different voltage/current ratings....

here's the first hit on one search engine **broken link removed**

Otherwise go to Digikey/RS/mouser etc.

or buy from China 8 port 5V AC relays $13 **broken link removed**

- - - Updated - - -

8 port 5V 220V ac 10A relays 20mA per coil I believe 12V? or 5V?
**broken link removed**

Last edited:

I think that he solved or forgot his problem, last post was 29-06-10, 09:18. :wink:

Maybe now this water valve working already or they are switched off permanently.

When you use optocoupler, it usally says you need to isolate the two parts (Solenoid Valves and Microcontroller circuitry) including thier power supplies. using single power supply may cause interference on the power rails which may cause .....reset......reset...reset...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back