Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Water Tank Level Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhrc849

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to make a circuit that controls the flow of water to water tank.
As the water tank is near to full, controller stops the flow of water by stopping the pump motor.

What is the cheapest and easiestway of doing this????

Can someone help me ???

:|

Hi,

Try using IC 555 in Bistable mode, A circuit diagram is with Electronics for You.
Check it.
It just requires some minimum components , reed switches and thats it.

Try it

suresh_kvja said:
Hi,

Try using IC 555 in Bistable mode, A circuit diagram is with Electronics for You.
Check it.

Try it
i think this might help him but if you post circuit diagram here that would be better ,i don't think that efy available in Pakistan .

Hi,
Take a look at this:

How about this? I used this method once with a PIC16F84A(yes, when I was starting to learn programming) to sense the level of water in a container(small one) just after it rained.
77_1263627282.jpg

The lines marked "-" are made of conducting material. You can use tin plates or something similar and there can be as many as you want.
Each of these will connect to an NPN transistor. So that whenever water reaches a specific level, that many transistors will be turned on and each of these will pull the input pins of the microcontroller low and then you can use the microcontroller to sense the level.
The battery positive is stuck to the bottom of the conductor. Beware! The container can not be made of conducting material.
Hope that it helped and that you understood.
Tahmid.

Hey Pranam,
Tnx, but with what kind of password can I open it!? :-(
K.

Hi,

I have attcahed the circuit (near ok)

Just keep both reed switches in a single plastic pipe with SET s/w at bottom of the tank and RESET s/w at top of the tank and connect a relay depending on your motor current ratings.

You have to just move a magnet along the pipe form bottom to top for which a normal loud speaker has. Just choose the above mentioned pipe such that it easily moves from the inner circle of the speaker magnet and place the magnet on a teflon ring or any other floating material like thermocol sheet

When the water reaches the bottom of the tank the reed switch connects(ON) and the output of the IC 555 will become high there by switching opn the motor and

When the tank becomes full the upper reed s/w connects(ON), then IC 555 makes its output LOW and motor s/w's OFF

Thats all for a simple NON CONTACT water level controller:D:D:D

NOTE: I forgot to add a DIODE parallel to the relay in REVERSE. Just add that to prevent transistor from BLOWING OFF

santoshaxl said:
suresh_kvja said:
Hi,

Check it.

Try it
i think this might help him but if you post circuit diagram here that would be better ,i don't think that efy available in Pakistan .

karesz said:
Hey Pranam, Tnx, but with what kind of password can I open it!? :-( K.
Ohh...sorry for the inconvinience. Actually i had forgot that the file was encrypted.
Password: edafriends
Enjoy

Added after 3 minutes:

santoshaxl said:
i don't think that efy available in Pakistan .
Suresh is not from Pakistan. He is from Pune-Maharashtra-India.
Cheers

mhrc849

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi ... Thanks for everyone.
Can any one specify the sensor which is used for this purpose.
Thanks again.

u need some kind of sensor at the top of the tank. Use a transistor to detect the water level? I will design a simple circuit for you is that ok?

The commonly used commercial level switches are these: **broken link removed**.

Please take a look at the attached circuit. It sounds an alarm when the tank is full. You take a bc547 connect its base to collector via a resistor...and use a relay between collector and positive supply. The relay will be switched on and it will control a pump directly from the mains supply.

Now ommit the buzzer and connect the transistor's collector to the base of the transistor which controls the relay.As soon as the tank is full the transistor shown in the circuit will conduct and pull the base down...as a result BC547 will stop conducting and the relay will be switched off..

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

the schematic is here

That's is very nice circute diagram posted by daretodream i construct it and it work fine, the only thing their is to modified the circute in other to of the pump if the thank is filled up.

and also add a latch using two transistors so once it is switched on it remains like that unless someone resets it. This will shut the pump off once the tank is full and it will stay shut even if the water level falls down.To activate the pump reset the latch.

Hi mhrc849,

The reed switches serve as a sensor along with the magent to close and open the switch.
You dont need any other sensors.

If you want indicators you can add LED's to the circuit.

Hi ... Thanks for everyone.
Can any one specify the sensor which is used for this purpose.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back