Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

water level measurement and send feeback using GPRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuli

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need your help with my project, which is for measuring the water level and send the data to a mobile using GPRS ,I'm using PIC 16F877A and MP-lab,,I don't know how to start ? what is the needed components and how to deal with the GPRS module and the interface between the PIC,the module and the PC ? can you give me a hand , please ?

ama_trig

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I think you should probably move your thread to micro controller section of this forum, probably your are going to get more help around in there.
also this is a wide question, try to explain in which part your problem is.
Anyway:
You should start with measuring the water level using its circuitry kit, feeding data to microcontroller, you could achieve this from connecting a simple pot to floater and measuring value of that pot or you could go advance, and use conductive measurement, ... Many ways to do so, depends on how precise you want it to be, also resolution and stability should be taken into consideration.
These might give you some ideas, what to do
measurement - Level of a water tank with a microcontroller - Electronics and Robotics - Stack Exchange
mesuring water level using microcontroller - Google Search
Then you should connect the micro controller to your gprs module, hand shake with module, setup module(from setting up the module to connecting to a target point, such as an ip you are trig to send the information) to and send the data.
a lot of samples could be found in GRPS module providers datasheet.
look in there you could probably find a lot of useful things.
These might help to understand a little more.
connecting a gprs module to microcontroller - Google Search

Status
Not open for further replies.