Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WatchDog related Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulksgift

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have a Doubt when we are using internal watch dog timer to reset a micro controller ,is it possible to watch that activity through external reset line

I mean when internal watchdog timer resets the micro controller ,same is reflected on reset pin of micro controller?

Or it is depending on the controller we are using?

I'm using MSP430 Controller , I couldn't see any any activity on reset pin when internal watch dog resets the system

Thanks
Rah!

The reset pin is an input to the micro, not an output. If you have an extra pin available, you could use that to indicate a reset. For example, when the processor first starts executing, you could toggle that output; thus, if a watchdog (or any other reset) occurs, you'll see that pin toggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.