Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wanted: NEON LAMP Simulation Model...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joanjay

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Did anyone happen to know about the Neon Lamp Simulation Model? We badly need it in the simulation part of our thesis.. I tried searching in the PSPICE library list but I found nothing..Other software like Proteus has a visual model but it is useless in simulation. Our second option is to make our own model but I also cannot find a neon lamp equivalent circuit to start with... The characteristic curve is available, on the other hand it is very difficult to make the model using standard passive component, I have no idea on how to switch to different regions in the curve... Please respond..Thank you in advance!..

if you want to simulate the neon over its normal working range use a Schmidt trigger with output hysterisis set about 10V in series with a 90V zener diode. Feed the Schmidt from the top end of the zener via a voltage potentiometer. This is to give a "strike" voltage of Vo +10 + Vz and an extinction voltage of Vo +Vz. Will need a bit of fidling with to get both parameters correct.
Frank

Can you show me the circuit..?it will really be of help..tnx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back