Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi experts ,
I want to build a CCTV .please give me basic ideas
how can i start with it ?
is there any open source software for it ?

Yes , sure sir (the captured data can be see in a computer / by use of a software ).

but i dont know how the hardware can made ?

Last edited:

Hi experts , I want to build a CCTV .please give me basic ideas how can i start with it ? is there any open source software for it ?

Yes , sure sir (the captured data can be see in a computer / by use of a software ). but i dont know how the hardware can made ?

May be your grammer means some thing or you mean to say some thing else. Anyways, i would like to say your querry is not clear. The CCTV system is just hardware. When connected to a PC through a PCI card, a software in the PC controls the finctions and too takes care of the recording of all the channels. If you are talking about constructing a complete system, CCTV cameras, PCI cards, Harddisks, Standalone DVR's, all are avilable in open market. any dealer will guide you how to connect it.
If you are asking a software, it will come with every PCI card or DVR purchased.
Cheers

oh sorry for my poor English
sir i want to make CCTV circuits (my self ) .
i googled too .

Building circuits?...what you need specifically? You aim to make a camera yourself or the AV shifter, The PCI cards, or DVR or what else?
Cheers

Can i interface with some webcam / Mobile camera (taken from dead mobile but camera is working ) as CCTV ?

Can i interface with some webcam / Mobile camera (taken from dead mobile but camera is working ) as CCTV ?
99% NO. because in mobiles the camera module is just fitted as to use minimum hardware and all the controlling hardware will be on the mother board. Regarding webcam, i am not sure wether you get a video signal "out" or it is fed to the USB interface chip directly.
Cheers

then how ? according to your #4 post .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…