Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want to EM Simulation a short circuited Tline as an inductor element

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I Want to run an EM Simulation a short circuited Tline as an inductor element using Momentum, a piece of microstrip to use it as an inductor of very low inductance as the kit of the process I use doesnt have an inductor so small (under 100pH).

How to I set up the ground and signal ports and ground plane of such an inductor in Momentum - is one side is connected to ground (ground plance of design (microstrip has its own ground which is same as global ground) and the other is connected to the source or emitter of the transistor depending on the technology ?

Don't know about Momentum...
Transmission lines are supported in Falstad's simulator.
Starting with a circuit listed in its menu, it allowed me to change L & C values to 0.1 pica. Frequency 100 GHz or faster.
Yellow dots move faster or slower to indicate current intensity & direction.
Red and green bands move, indicating delay, reflections, standing waves, etc.

falstad.com/circuit

transmission line Falstad's simulator (tiny L C values, 100 GHz).png

Last edited:

In Momentum, you create a port using pin on the signal layer, and then manually set the ground reference to the layer where ground return is. Note that this ground must be drawn in layout as well.

Of course, your short circuit (via) must be drawn in layout and that layer must be mapped in your Momentum stackup.

momentum_ground.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back