Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want recommendation about 60 Hz notch filter..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeungminLee

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Recently I used various notchfilters but I am still undergoing some bad results.

Sometimes, center frecuencies varied as time passed by or Q value is not good enough.

Anyone plz recommend nice 60Hz notch filters?

Hi,
Check this out:
**broken link removed**

Maybe you could post your circuit? The main problem with notch filters is making sure you take the tolerances and temperature coefficients into account. I have used simple, passive notch filters successfully but you do have to make sure you buy the right tolerance components.

Keith.

You can design excellent digital notch filters. Th problem is that they require so much "infrastructure"; A/D converter, a processor, D/A converter and a power supply for these components. If these subsystems are already available, then digital is the way to go. Otherwise, an analog filter makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.