Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

W25Q64JW Fast read error using Dediprog

Status
Not open for further replies.

grittinjames

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I and using Dediprog to read certain register from W25Q64JW by fast read command. It is always reading second byte after a pause 0xFF from SPI, But actual data is 00. and this pause introduces by Dediprog SF100 due to some buffering issue.
If someone have any clue please help
Thanks

Hi,

And you really think with this tiny piece of information someone can help?

All I can say is: if you keep on datasheet it will work - unless the device is defective.
To be able to detect a problem, we need to have the informations.
* power supply
* decoupling (how clean is the supply during read/write?)
* schematic of all devices involved (like: all IC connections .... other devices on the SPI bus...)
* signal levels including waveform .... maybe there is some ringing
* all the signal timing ... to be compared to the datasheet timing
* information about
* and so on...

...but maybe just your expectation is wrong. Who knows?

Klaus

Last edited:

Hi, adding more info..
There is no signal integrity issues, no supply issues, and other series of chips are working fine, \
The identified issues is in fast read, other chip allow us to pause transaction for a while and can continue. and SPI suppose to work like that. But W25Q64JW causing second byte after pause( any pause more than 70milli Sec) to read as 0xFF. its not one chip issue, all of them I received followed same problem. Datasheet not saying anything about it.

Just to isolate my board parameters, I have tested it outside board by direct connection to Dediprog programmer and observed same error.

Most likely reason: Software error. Are you sure that your programmer uses correct protocol?

Hi,
Programmer detect this chip correctly by reading its Id,
And could not find anything wrong with protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back