Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vswr in log periodic dipoole array antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

enamshah

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am developing lpda of 1-3 ghz and i am using tau=0.942 for gain=10 dbi but when i simulate it in hfss i get a very high vswr....also the gain is low in 1-1.5 ghz(about 3-4db) and from 2.75-3ghz(about 7-8 db)......how can i reduce vswr and increase gain.......furthermore i am using n-type female connector ....does location of connector also have an affect on vswr........

as a rule of thumb with a log periodic antenna you will have 3 elements resonant on any given freq within the bandwidth range of the antenna

the books generally agree that 3 elements = ~ 6dBd gain. I would imagine it would be difficult to get much more than that without severely sacrificing other parameters of the antenna.

here's an example of a 2 - 11GHz log-periodic antenna I make use of.

attachment.php

cheers
Dave

thnxs dave
but the prob of vswr still persists and i am not making planar lpda rather i am using structure based lpda(2 booms)
so how can i reduce vswr .......does location of connector also have an affect on vswr.

you can buy it in ebay and learn how to do it for your developing. 6$ to 40$

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

You should check Zi versus frequency for a systematic mismatch and correct the antenna geometry if appropriate.

If you have an asymmetric feed connection, as the above shown PCB antenna, then the cable position will affect the antenna characteristic. You can use ferrite tubes to suppress the cable common mode waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back