Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VPC300 particle counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am wondering what is the unit of particle counts in VPC300 ? Are these numbers (counts per particle size) are measured in per cubic meter ? I also have attached a table presenting particles limit per cubic meter for different ISO standards.

Attachments

• Untitled 192.png
    Untitled 192.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Untitled 193.png
    Untitled 193.png
    379 KB · Views: 96

In air it'd be /m3 or /ft3. On sirfaces, per cm2 most likely.
I'd bet the user manual would say, metric vs English vs
user-select, if it can be found. Metric is more likely in a
modern industry but HVAC here in the UAS still talks
CFM, so I'd wait for (look for) the source material to say.

According to user manual the unit is 0.1ft3 (2.83L/min). How can I get max particle count limit with this device for different sizes for ISO 6 to 8 ?

Following are the the particle sizes VPC300 can count in unit 0.1ft3 (2.83L/min)

0.3 um:
0.5 um:
1.0 um:
2.5 um:
5.0 um:
10 um:
--- Updated ---

In order to convert the measurement 0.1ft3 to cubic meter I would need to multiply by 10 to get measurement per cubic feet and then multiply with 35.31 because 1m³= 35.31ft. For example if I have the reading 100 particle count for 0.3 um in VPC300, it would corresponds to 100 x 10 x 35.31= 35310, right ? In which ISO standard we are ?

Last edited:

No, I think flow rate 0.1ft3 (2.83L/min) has nothing to do with the particle counts. Then I am back to the same question. In which unit these particle counts are displayed in VPC 300.

In air it'd be /m3 or /ft3. On sirfaces, per cm2 most likely.
I'd bet the user manual would say, metric vs English vs
user-select, if it can be found. Metric is more likely in a
modern industry but HVAC here in the UAS still talks
CFM, so I'd wait for (look for) the source material to say.
I tried to search the user manual of VPC 300 but don't find where it mention the unit of measurement, whether it is counting in per m3 or not, where to check the unit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back