Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VoWiMax [Discssion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng.Electronic

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vowimax

SA ;

Is it possible to merge VoIP role with the Wi-Max Technology ? As the Wi-Max consist only from The Physical Layer and The MAC layer but VoIP is working with Application Layer ...
and if so will we go in depth with Wi-Max Technology or just a Network for carrying this Voice? ....Thanks

Best Reagrds

In WiMAX, you can transfer your VoIP data throught air link with diffrent levels of QoS. Those levels depend of a settings of MAC level.

If you want to use g711, g726 or (g729 or g723 without a silence suppression), you should utilise UGS type of traffic. If you want to g729 or g723 with a silence suppression, you should utilise rtPS type of traffic.

i am thinking at the same idea as a Grdaution Project ... but i dunna know what can i do / implement to achive this solution ?
even :: What are obstacle will i meet at such a project ?
Thanks in Adanace .... VERY URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back