Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Volume of a tank and microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenjoy

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to measure the water being dispensed or the water that flows out of a tank, to be precise what I need is the volume of the water released, now what I need is an equipment used to measure this volume, is it right to use a flow rate meter?

If yes, where can I get the said meter, if no, still where can I get?

Thanks.

Check ot the attached data sheets: one is on flow sensor, and the second is on the matching flow meter.
Both can be obtained from RS Components ( https://www.rs-components.com/index.html ).
If, for some reasons, you don't like this meter, which is basically a counter with a display, you can build your own using microcontroller of your choice ..
Regards,
IanP

glenjoy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you may found catalogue of flow sensor and flow meter at ABB/Siemens's website.

good luck.

IanP said:
Check ot the attached data sheets: one is on flow sensor, and the second is on the matching flow meter.
Both can be obtained from RS Components ( h**p://www.rs-components.com/index.html ).
If, for some reasons, you don't like this meter, which is basically a counter with a display, you can build your own using microcontroller of your choice ..
Regards,
IanP

Hi,

Thanks, yes I know I can build one, but the problem for a home built sensor is that it is not accurate and as reliable compared with the commercially available ones.

No, don't build a sansor by yourself, get one similar to what I suggested in my previous post, but you can easily build a counter/meter which will take pulses from that sensor and convert/display them as a volume in l/m ..
This should be as accurate as ≈1% ..
Regards,
IanP

that was about measuring flow of water..
what about measuring LEVEL of water in some tank ?
i wanted to find a solution for a water tank level with some microcontroller but still
could not find any sensore (system) which could do the job.
do you have any idea about level meter sensore ?

regards.

donkey41 said:
that was about measuring flow of water..
what about measuring LEVEL of water in some tank ?
i wanted to find a solution for a water tank level with some microcontroller but still
could not find any sensore (system) which could do the job.
do you have any idea about level meter sensore ?

regards.

If your tank is not moving example tank of cars, you can use a float to measure the water level.

LIQUID LEVEL TRANSMITTER/RECEIVER SYSTEM

**broken link removed**

This is a microcontroller example for Volume of a tank.

Hi

You can use freescale E-field sensor IC to measure volum in a tank

CC magazine have a project +source code using this IC

ALL the best

Bobi

hi

here is a complete project pic based with source code and every thing based on RS flow sensor hope this will help full for you, this artical also shed some light on how you can make home build sensor like RS sensor

glenjoy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.