Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage-to-frequency converters

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmahajan027

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
voltage to frequency converter

i am working on making energy meter with psoc .
i have gone through the application notes of imlementiing energy meter wuith some ics
but i could not understand how the digital to frequency converter or voltage to frequency converter works..
plz explain me..

voltage to frequency converter energy meter

basicaaly i am trying to make ebnergy meter using psoc .

in PSOC we have to select the components needed ourself.

so i was stuck at how will i get output to led once i have got the instantaneous energy signal.

can anyone help about the circuit for volatge to frequencu converter.

v to f converter how it works

So you want the led to blink according to the level of voltage? Did you check the circuits sent

v to f converter theory

Hello,

What you can do is, you can have an ADC and get the analog signal converted to digital value. Meanwhile you can have a PWM running in the background. For different ranges of the ADC values, you can change the PWM period by wriitng to the period register. i think this logic should be fine for a voltage to frequency converter

Status
Not open for further replies.