Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage to frequency converter NOISE

Status
Not open for further replies.

justanengineer

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I implement a VFC but i want to ask how can i measured the noise of the circuit?
I have a frequency in the output, so i cannot make a normal noise measurment.

thanks

Rather visually with a digital oscilloscope. Trigger with N periods delay, get a broadened pulse that shows the jitter.

PHASE NOISE (JITTER) of a Voltage to Frequency converter.

Hello,

The phase noise of a Voltage to frequency converter is calculate in the same way that we calculate it in a VCO or there is some difference??

Thanks

Actually a VFC is a VCO, just with a broader frequency range, and without the feedBack control mechanism via PFD.
So the noise calculation should be similar.

But eh VCO is an Autonomous circuit, the VFC depend on the input ( the frequency in the output depend on the input signal), so it should not be the same! or maybe i am wrong.
Thanks

Doesn't the VCO's output frequency depend on its input voltage? At least it should, I think! Not really autonomous ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back