Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage to frequency converter, input protection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

al_extreme

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need some help about building à Voltage to frequency converter. I think I qill use the lm231 from National but I have some question for the input. I need to convert 0v to 40 v and output 0 to 800 hz that look easy. I need to protect the input to a maximum of 300 v without bugs, so I need someting that can bock the tension at 40v, can you help me plase

voltage divider

You can use a 1/4 resistive voltage divider to get your 40V down to 10V which the chip can use. Then put a zener diode across the lower resistor to clamp the 10 V to something like 12 V or whatever is over 10 and less than Vcc. Have the resistor values such that putting 300 V on the input will not cause enough current to flow to overheat the resistors or the zener.

Status
Not open for further replies.