Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Shifting from 10-15V to 0-5V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ama_trig

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Voltage Shifting?

I've circuit which outputs 10-15 (range) volts and I need to read it by ADC(0-5 volt max), so is it possible to shift 10-15 to 0-5 easily?
<both my circuits must use same ground!>
My first guess was using op amp:idea: but looking for something easier:!:, the second one using 16 diodes! (not nice!:D)

Re: Voltage Shifting?

May be a voltage divider. If the divider is between Vin (10-15V) and GND, you'll feed 3.3-5V Vout to ADC, and you'll lose some resolution, but the circuit is very simple. If your ADC has a negative Vref, you can apply 3.3V, then you'll have full resolution.

If you have a negative supply rail in your system, you could put the divider between Vin and that rail. Then Vout could go down to GND.

Clamping diodes can be useful for protecting your ADC.

OpAmp sounds like a logical solution.

Re: Voltage Shifting?

use a summing amplifier.

Voltage Shifting?

if voltage range is 15 volts then use 2:1 voltage divider. it will drop like 10V:5V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back