Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage outpur or current output DAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew257

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
current output dac

Hi all,

ive recently come across current output DACs and i was wondering what they might be used in. The ones i have seen always seem to have a current to voltage converter which seems rather pointless if you could use a voltage output DAc in first place. Are there any benefit of using current DAc rather than voltage DAC?

thanks

i'm not sure about the advantage in using current to voltage converter after a current output DAC.... but in the case where you need a current output the effect of offset and quantisation error can be minimised compared to the usage of a voltage output DAC and then a converter to get current output...

i'm not sure about the advantage in using current to voltage converter after a current output DAC.... but in the case where you need a current output the effect of offset and quantisation error can be minimised compared to the usage of a voltage output DAC and then a converter to get current output...

i don't know how current output dac has better offset and quantisation error to its counterpart voltage output??

Status
Not open for further replies.