Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Level Shifter for SD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using MAX13030E which is a voltage level shifter for SD card. The signals I need to connect between ZYNQ and SD card are DAT 1, DAT 2, DAT 3, DAT 4, CMD, and CLK.

I am wondering if it is possible to change the order of data pins that may help in routing on the PCB layout. Is it possible to connect the data pins in any order on both side of the chip MAX13030E ?

How about changing data pins with CMD and CLK ?

From the data sheet it seems all the channels are identical for voltage translation purposes so yes, you should be able to interchange them.

Brian.

I agree.
Especially all data channels are identical.

Klaus

This means that I can interchange and connect data channels and command in any order at both side of the chip but the clock channel has to be connected on the clock channel. The other five channels (DAT 1, DAT 2, DAT 3, DAT 4, CMD) can be interchange. This will resolve some routing overhead and I can avoid some un-necessary via in layout.

I think the dedicated clock channel may only be for the MAX13035E as it has an additional clock output. It doesn't appear to be present in the MAX13030E.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.