Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage conversion and pulse stream detection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adigwe

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there, I need some help.

I have a sample and hold circuit comprising a TL071 opamp and capacitors. My output turns out to be a pulse whose mark(high) is 9v( Vsupply to opamp is 9V).

How do I convert the pulse to a 5V mark(high pulse). Or better still is it posible to have a response such that when the pulse is running the circuit reads high and when the pulse stops it goes low.

I just want to know if there is a method of detecting a pulse stream that is not too complex and if you can modify it to any voltage level say TTL.

Hoping to hear from you all.

Thanks.

use res to devide the output voltage

You can use 1kΩ resistor + 4.7V zener diode to limit the level and a CMOS Schmitt Trigger gate(s) (74HCT14, for example) to sharpen the edges and produce nice TTL/CMOS output ..

Regards,
IanP

Hello guys, Thank you very much.

IanP yours is a most beautiful solution. Very creative.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.