Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Amplifier at 1MHz, 40dB

Status
Not open for further replies.

aviaden

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Voltage Amplifier

Hi,
I need help in designing a voltage amplifier. My input signal is a few mili volts, around 1 MHz, and i need a gain of at least 40db.
I tried some circuits but nothing worked well...
I will Appreciate any help....circuits, PSpice files or any other ideas...
Thanks, Aviad.

Re: Voltage Amplifier

check the Gain Bandwidth product of your opamp(in the datasheet). not every opamp can give you 40db at 1 MHz. you are going to need a very high frequency opamp.

Thanks for the answer.
Actually i'm using a high freq opamp- AD8042, in "clasic" non inverting circuit.
Any other ideas?

As the AD8042 has a gain of app. 40 dB at 1 MHz, this is not sufficient for a closed loop gain of app. 40 dB.
Try to use an opamp which has at least 500 MHz GBW. This opamp needs not to be compensated. What about a current feedback amp ?

Thank's for the reply.
1) Are you femilier with such a opamp? With a BW of 500 MHz?
2) Can you send me a link/ add a scheme/ describe this kind of current feedback amplifier circuit?

Thank's, Aviad.

There are many opamps resp. current-feedback amps (CFA) which have high frequency capability; for example the AD8001 has a unity gain frequency of app. 800 MHz.
This is a CFA which can be used like a non-inverting opamp circuit - provided you select the feedback resistor as recommended by the mnufacturer (data sheet).

Status
Not open for further replies.