Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voice signal and its processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy_m2k2

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all..i'd like to know abt the voice signal and the ways it can be analysed like tone pitch etc n also how i can process it ..plz help me ok..
thnks in advance.
sandhya

Hi Sandhya,
Check this site out **broken link removed**
its has every thing about speech processing its mathematical model lossy & lossless compression techniques explained and even source code of the algorithms are made available.

~Kalyan.

thnx will check it out.
sandy

Added after 2 minutes:

can someone tell me what is pitch of the voice,what is tone and the frequency,bandwidth and amplitude of voice signals?I need a bit of proper definitions to help me prepare a report.
thnx

always for human being, the maximum frequency limit is 4kHZ..so sampling frequency is 8 kHZ..Womens are able to generate high frequency than Man

In this post i will define what exactly pitch is and remaining things later.

The speech signals of human beings are produced because of the excitation of the vocal tract with the exciation signal coming out of the vocal cords. The speech is mailny categorized in to voiced speech and unvoiced speech. The voiced speech is because of the periodic exciataion of the vocal tract. If we can model the VT as filter, the excitation signal(the input to the filter) is a periodic signal. The fudamental frequncy of this periodic signal is called pitch. As this signal is generated from vocal cords the pitch is dependent on the size of the vocal chords. For males the size is big when compared to that of the females and children. The one period of opening and closing of the vocal chord is called pitch period which is reciprocal of the pitch. Note that pitch and pitch frequency means the same.

For unvoiced case the excitation singal is noise like signal.

Hope this is helpful to u

thnx

purna!

sandy_m2k2

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back