Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voice recording and play back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anandarj

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear sir,

i want to know how to record my own voice through microcontroller and then how to play back that same message ...
plz describe the concept with details....

regrads,
Anandraj.R

dear sir,i want to know how to record my own voice through microcontroller and then how to play back that same message ...
plz describe the concept with details....regrads, Anandraj.R
In fact recording and playback of voice with a micro controller is a bit difficult as you dont have more space for the storage and require speed for execution. Dedicated chips like the ISD or APR series are available for application in voice recording and playback.
Cheers

In fact recording and playback of voice with a micro controller is a bit difficult as you dont have more space for the storage and require speed for execution. Dedicated chips like the ISD or APR series are available for application in voice recording and playback.
Cheers
can i use external memory for storing the sound?????????? though 8051

Dear it is difficult task.
Because you need ADC for sound digitizing then store to memory.
Easy solution is to use ISD1400 series IC, interface it with controller.
OR you can also use ARP9301 or APR9600 for the purpose.

can i use external memory for storing the sound?????????? though 8051

The speed of 8051 is not enough to handle sound. You might need a dsp like chip.

It is easier to do it with ISD or APR chips. Both comes in all flavor to cater your need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back