Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voice recorder using ADC and microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_wind

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microcontroller voice recorder

can anybody give me some overview about this topic including the project design and infos....

plzzzzz......

i really need your help for this undergraduate design of mine....

thank you....

voice recorder using adc and microcontroller

Hi the_wind,

I am posting the block level schematics of what you might be looking forward to build a voice recorder.There will be some specs according to which u can choose appropriate component.

I have added DAC and speaker as without play back, recording would not make much sense.

Input amplifier to the ADC can be built using opamp.By observing the output voltage of microphone gain can be selected.

ADC - sampling rate has to be greater than 40 k samples per sec. you can go for 8 - 10 bit ADC's, or else search for microcontroller with the required ADC as a pheripheral on it. This will make things easier. Search in microchip PIc 18F series as PIC gives free samples.

since uC actually has to just read and write from some memory location any microcontroller would do

Memory: If you have time go for compact flash interface. CF+ is a standard.All timing diagrams are available on net. or any other flash or EEPROM option can be considered. keep in mind that read/write cycles for EEPROMs are limited.
or SRAM with seperate battery back up can also be considered as reading and writing then will become simpler.

For power amplifier deisgn such that it drives 8 ohms speaker load. ready power amplifier modules are also available or else push pull amplifier would do.
LM384 is an audio power amplifier.

obiviously DAC output has to be filtered before giving to power amplifier keep that in mind .

ALL THE BEST,
Sudhir

avr voice recorder

The Voice Recorder Reference Design illustrates how to use a C8051F411 for voice application. It is a practical demonstration of C8051F41x high performance analog and CPU throughput capability.

The voice recorder uses DPCM (Differential Pulse Code Modulated) compression to convert 12-bit samples of the ADC and IDAC to 6 bits at an effective sampling rate of 8 kHz. This compression allows for an extended recording time without audibly losing sound quality. Additional ADC features such as Burst Mode and Repeat Count are utilized to improve the quality of the sound samples during the recording process. The C8051F411 Suspend operating mode also allows the voice recorder to reduce power consumption when idle.

https://www.silabs.com/tgwWebApp/public/web_content/products/Microcontrollers/en/voice_recorder.htm

voice adc

AVR335: Digital Sound Recorder with AVR and DataFlash (20 pages, revision C, updated 04/05)

h**p://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc1456.pdf

This Application Note describes how to record, store and play back sound using any AVR MCU with A/D converter, the AT45DB161 DataFlash memory and a few extra components.

Regards, svicent

recorder pic microchip

guyz thankz for the infos and advises...can u give me some sample designs of this particular project of mine...i really need it...

voice recorder microcontroller

OKI semiconductor has an excellent silicon for voice record and replay.

**broken link removed**

audio recording microcontroller

Hello guyz,
i'm new member of this forum...
i'm running projct entitled voice encryption
is there anybody can help me?
do you have any sample of it?
A million thanks in advanced for your help..

avr sound recorder

hi all
can you help me about codes of this project?
also about using mmc stick for saving data?

Re: avr voice recorder

sir the link which you have given is not working
plz rply me urgent

---------- Post added at 01:14 ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 ----------

:sad::sad::sad::sad:
please provide proper address as early as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back