Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voice Imitator - looking for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

777*

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spanish voice imitator

Hello, Guys

Does anyone know anything about the voice imitators (I am not shure if this is the right name). I have never seen them but I heard that with this imitator you can speak like somebody else, provided you have his/her voice sample (stored).

Thank You

Regards

I have not heard or seen anything exactly like this other than on sci-fi movies. I have though seen circuits based on balanced mixers (I think it was at least) that could make your voice sound like a robot's (it essentially added a fixed frequency to the frequency of the voice).

Also I know of sound equipment called "Harmonizers" by which it is possible to change the pitch of a voice. They are often used in sound recording studios to adjust the multi-track recordings of several instruments when, for example, an instrument was afterwards detected to have been wrongly tuned.

The harmonizer will thus multiply the frequency of, for example, your voice, if used for that purpose. By such equipment it is possible to acquire a female voice if being a male.

However, do not forget that it is not only the pitch of the voice but also the rythm, the dialect and numerous other small things that makes someone recognized as the one they really are.

/Pim

Hello, Pim

I agree with you, however, if there is a smoke, there must be a fire.

Thank You

777*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back