Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VNA/ADS S2P files Combining-Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamidzia

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I got a circuit measured for S parameters on Vector Network analyzer.
I got 4 different s2p files for S11, S12, S22, S21.

is there any possibility that I can combine all the 4 s2p files into a single s2p file for importing on ADS (2 port model) so that I can have all the 4 parameters by importing single file.

Also are the VNA s2p files are compatible with ADS. as when I import different parameter s2p file (separately S11 or S12) on ADS I got different results than I got on VNA.

Please support if any one can guide in this regard,

Thanks in advance.

the easiest way is to just have the VNA make a 2 port s parameter file to begin with! You have to go way out of your way to have it make a file with only one sparameter in it, like S21

But you can just combine the files in a program like excel. The first column is frequency, then S11 mag, then S11 angle, then same with s21, s12, s22.

The first like of the file would be: # MHz S MA R 50

http://na.tm.agilent.com/plts/help/WebHelp/FilePrint/SnP_File_Format.htm

ADS2013.06 has a Network Parameters Combiner tool.

Dear all,

I got a circuit measured for S parameters on Vector Network analyzer.
I got 4 different s2p files for S11, S12, S22, S21.

is there any possibility that I can combine all the 4 s2p files into a single s2p file for importing on ADS (2 port model) so that I can have all the 4 parameters by importing single file.

A .s2p file should have 9 columns, the first being frequency, and the other 4 pairs being the S-parameters, in the order S11, S21, S12 and S22. See the definition of the Touchstone files at:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

(The former seems better supported, despite it being an older draft).

Ignoring the comments, which start which start with an exclamation mark (!), and the line which starts with a hash (#), you could combine them in something like Excel. There are no doubt other solutions. I would personally do it using an awk shell script on a unix system, but no doubt others will have their favorite way.

But the obvious thing is to save all 4 S parameters in the one file to start with. Any reasonably modern VNA should support that.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back