Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VLSI job market in Middle East

Status
Not open for further replies.
mentor graphics egypt israeli army

i guess you meant gross...
he's a fresh graduate!!!

egypt gross vs net salary

Thanks for this estimate. If this was the gross, what would be the net?? I would appreciate any info about the working environment.

www.accm-tech.com

Oops...i thought the $ is more than 7 L.E....that's the Euro...my mistake
i think Safwat is right then...$500 would be almost the net estimate

you should know more about the working environment from someone working there for sure...so see your friends contacts...Mentor got lots of engineers...there are some already here on edaboard

try www.linkedin.com for professional networking :D

Rabena ma3ak,
Salma

egypt film sws

Thanks Salma, I was wondering whether this estimate is the best in market, also is it conventional to tell the gross or net salary? What is the reduction percentage from gross to net? I am sorry for these overwhelming questions.

h/w board level egypt

Well, I don't have much details cause I haven't worked in Egypt. So my info is somehow limited :) But as far as I know, it's a good starting salary for a fresher. In the offer, they'd tell you both salaries...the gross then the net after the taxes...I believe taxes are 15% or 20%...something in that range...if I'm mistaken then someone correct me please :D

The conventional in life really depends on the situation, so it's more likely to say: (.$.) Gross or (.$.) Net (there's a word attached at the end)
and of course in the posted offers it's the gross... but when you actually take the net...you tend to feel "poor" and pity yourself for the taxes taken...so you certainly say directly the net :(

good luck,
salma

eda egypt vlsi

Thanks Salma for your great help.

atrc.ksu[ at ]gmail.com

ya fandem ay 7'edma...
ana 3ayza b2a percentage men el salary plz :D

best of luck

valeo salaries in egypt

Mateghlash 3aleky el salary kollaha ya Salma,

3ezoomet marakbia :)

egypt . film sws

These vacancies were posted in vlsi_egypt group, so I thought I'd share them with everyone here:

Newport Media Inc., a fables semiconductor company, is seeking
highly motivated VLSI design engineers to fill the following
positions at its Egypt Design Center. This is an opportunity to work
in developing state-of the art wireless technology.

VLSI Design Engineer - IC Integration Focus:

-Experience with AHB and APB bus protocol and analysis.
-Experience with low power design and analysis
-Experience with industry standard protocols such as USB, I2C, SPI,
SDIO, memory interfaces, etc.
-Experience with DFT, including scan, JTAG, and memory BIST.
-Design experience with on-chip clock and reset generation logic.
-Experience integrating programmable and/or hardwired DSP processors
and ARM cores into SoCs.
-Experience integrating AMS blocks such as ADCs and PLLs.
-Knowledge of production requirements such as package design, ATE
test development, Failure analysis, yield enhancement, and PCB
design is a plus.
-Able to communicate well with peers, management, and customers.
-Knowledge of ASIC design flow, including functional verification,
synthesis, static timing analysis, formal verification.
-Laboratory test and verification experience is a plus.

VLSI Design Engineer - DSP/Comm Focus:

-Strong RTL coding skills using Verilog and/or VHDL.
-Matlab and C programming skills.
-Knowledge of communication systems (e.g., OFDM, QAM) and digital
signal processing algorithms.
-Experience designing and verifying VLSI designs for DSP such as FIR
filters, FFTs, and FEC decoders (e.g. Viterbi, RS, or Turbo).
-Strong knowledge of fixed-point two's complement arithmetic.
-Knowledge of design trade-off for low power implementation.
-Experience with real-time emulation on FPGAs is a plus.
-Laboratory test and verification experience is a plus.

RFIC Design Engineer:

Research and use CAD tools to design, lay-out, and test RF and mixed
signal building blocks.
Perform electrical measurements, including spectrum analyzers,
signal generators, logic analyzers, and oscilloscopes.
Review and approve product design & modifications in review
sessions. Use Cadence Virtuoso, Spectre, SpectreRF, SpectreVerilog,
& VerilogA.
Knowledge of power management IC design is a plus.

Newport Media Inc. offers highly competitive packages including salaries, car grants, family health insurance, and stock options.

Interested candidates should send their resumes to jobs.edc@newportmediainc.com. Please include "VLSI Design Engineer -
IC Integration Focus" or "VLSI Design Engineer - DSP/Comm Focus" or "RF IC Design Engineer" in the e-mail subject.

egypt film sws

SWS used to be smart wireless sensors then smart wireless systems then si-ware systems... can't they settle on a name?
three names in three years are way too many

vlsi vacancies in silicon valley

It's a world of continuous innovation :D
I'm glad no one changed the abbreviation too !
But to tell the truth, they've got the best of the best...that's what I "hear" at least

manufacturing management salry in egypt

hehehe

don't always believe what you hear

Added after 4 minutes:

I hear they don't hire girls anyway hehehe

fullform of gds2 in fpga design in vlsi design

yah I know!!!...I wonder why, really :!:
are we that "bad"...
but who needs that already :D

smart village company job vacancies

colombo2 said:
SWS used to be smart wireless sensors then smart wireless systems then si-ware systems... can't they settle on a name?
three names in three years are way too many

from 2 years it is Smart wireless systems , i didnt hear abt smart wireless sensors !!! may be it is a name in its very early launch , anyway , that isnt a thing worth attention

job openings for vlsi layout engineer

Outstanding Job Opportunities for Experienced and New Graduates at the Research and Development Center of The Arab Company for Computer Manufacturing (ACCM)

www.accm-tech.com

The Company

ACCM, a member of Al-Kharafi Group, is a leading high-tech system company located in Egypt, with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and an advanced R&D center. ACCM is developing, manufacturing, and marketing highly advanced and competitive high-tech products in the areas of computing and communication technologies for the local and global markets.

Job Openings:

ACCM’s R&D Center has the following outstanding job openings for highly talented and motivated engineers, engineering team leaders, and engineering managers. If you are a bright individual who is an independent thinker, creative, and see the sky as the limit, please consider one of the following openings (multiple positions are available):

R & D TEAM LEADERS/MANAGERS (RD101)

-Candidates must have several years of leadership and management experience, with strong background & experience in the design, test and integration of H/W & S/W system components.

-Excellent leadership & management skills to lead their teams and manage the development of computing and/or communication products and systems. Working in similar field and/or environment is a must.

-Several years of experience as an engineer working in one or more of the areas mentioned in the jobs below will be an asset.

R & D SYSTEM ENGINEERS (RD 102)

-Candidates must have several years of experience with H/W design, S/W design, and architecture and system design.

-Experience with high speed 16/32/64-bit microprocessors, multiprocessor boards, DSPs, embedded controllers, SRAMs, DRAMs, SDRAMs, DDR SDRAMs, RDRAMs, Flash memory, CAMs, application ASICs, etc.

-Minimum M.Sc. degree or equivalent required, PhD degree would be preferred.

HARDWARE DESIGN ENGINEERS (RD103)

-Candidates must have experience with Board Level and high speed circuit design, test and integration.

-Experience with high speed 16/32/64-bit CPUs, multiprocessor boards, DSPs, & embedded controllers, SRAMs, DRAMs, SDRAMs, DDR SDRAMs, RDRAMs, Flash memories

-Experience with FPGAs, CPLDs, ASICs, CAMs, mixed analog/digital circuit design etc., and experience with EDA tools from one or more of the main EDA vendors will be an asset.

SOFTWARE DESIGN ENGINEERS (RD 104)

-Knowledge of computer architecture, and experience with C programming for embedded systems. Knowledge of C# programming is an asset

-Good knowledge of Data Networks and PC interfacing

-Experience with H/W & S/W test & integration

-Knowledge with operating systems and their architecture (windows//Linux/ Real-Time Operating Systems, system configuration, synchronization mechanisms, device driver modules, Network software, MAC Driver, protocol stacks & scripting languages.

FPGA/ASIC DESIGN ENGINEERS (RD105)

-Candidates must have experience with FPGAs and dense CPLDs design and implementation, FPGA/CPLD/ASIC technology definition, interdependencies, selection, and physical design constraints and considerations.

-Experience with the development tools, coding languages such as Verilog HDL/VHDL coding, RTL and gate-level design and simulation, test bench generation & simulation, synthesis tools, and static timing analysis.

JUNIOR R & D ENGINEERS (RD106)

-Candidates must have a university degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Computer Engineering with grade Excellent or Very Good with honor.

-Highly talented fresh Graduates are encouraged to apply for these positions

All candidates must possess:

1. A university degree with grade Excellent or Very Good with honor in Electronics and Communication Engineering and/or Computer Engineering/Science; Candidates having M.Sc. degrees or higher are preferable.
2. Very good command of English language.
3. Self-starter who thrives in fast-paced environments and employs creative problem solving to overcome engineering challenges.
4. Dynamic and Team oriented.
5. Very good written, verbal communication and presentation skills.

We are offering career growth opportunities & competitive compensation.
Please apply to:

RnDpositions2007@accm-tech.com

(Indicating the required job code)

accm-tech.com

colombo2 said:
hehehe

Added after 4 minutes:

you can believe her indeed if she mean " in egypt " :)

about hiring girls , i will borrow your words ; "don't always believe what you hear" :D

ic layout engineer hiring japan

husseinadel said:
colombo2 said:
hehehe

Added after 4 minutes:

you can believe her indeed if she mean " in egypt " :)

about hiring girls , i will borrow your words ; "don't always believe what you hear" :D

hehehe...now both of you are making me confused...LOL!!!

yabdelbary@partner-int.com

IC Layout Engineer Vacancy in Silicon Vision:

Silicon Vision is a newly starting IC Design center suited in Cairo , Egypt . The design center focuses on providing leading-edge solutions for the RF/Analog Mixed Signal IC marketplace by talented and high caliber engineers. The center also provides a wide variety of design services including foundry interface, circuit characterization, and packaging management.

Silicon Vision is currently seeking for a layout engineer for increasing the bandwidth of its layout team. Below is the job description and the qualifications required. If you find yourself suitable for the open position, please send your resume to: careers@si-vision.com

IC Layout Engineer (REF: LE001)

Job Description:

• Candidate will work as part of a layout IC team on large projects.
• Will be responsible for both cell-level and top-level IC layout using Cadence and Mentor Graphics tool sets (Virtuoso Layout Editor, IC-Station, Assura, Calibre).
• Working on the development of predominantly RF/mixed-signal IC’s with increasing levels of digital core integration against time.
• Will be responsible for automatic place and route layout techniques for some digital blocks.
• Will work closely with the IC design team throughout the design cycle to understand design requirements/layout constraints, and to support parasitic extraction, post layout verification and analysis.
• Will be responsible for the final delivery of the GDSII to Customers and Technology Fabs, and the generation of the required documentation.
• Will be responsible for the design of simple CMOS mixed-signal blocks whenever needed.

Required Skills:

• 0-2 Years of experience in IC layout on Cadence and/or Mentor layout tools.
• Analog experience is essential, RFIC experience is a plus.
• Experience with logic core standard-cell place and route is beneficial.
• Good appreciation of analog and RFIC layout techniques.
• Knowledge in the state of the art technologies and deep sub-micron processes.
• Good understanding of process design kit set-up and configuration for Mentor or Cadence based kits would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of VHDL is a plus.
• Knowledge in shell scripting/Perl is beneficial.

Qualifications:

• B.Sc. in Electronics Engineering.
• Excellent communications skills, written and spoken.
• Ability to work independently as well as a key team player.
• Oral and written fluency in English.

https://www.si-vision.com

The company offers:

* A stimulating, exciting and dynamic work environment, where your personal contributions to our business success will be optimally rewarded.
* Room for career growth.
* A competitive package including excellent salary, stock options and other secondary benefits
* Opportunity for additional training

egypt post, mcit vlsi

This was reported in EEtimes :)) ; i wonder why !!!! ;-)

> ---------------------------------------------------

The survey also found that electronics engineering remains one of the
most male-dominant professions in the world. This year's respondent
pool in North America included only 90 women, or 5.7 percent of the
total. In Europe, the share was even lower, at 3.1 percent, and in
Japan the question was not even asked.

Women today in all types of engineering make up 14 percent of the
total, with most in chemical engineering. In comparison, more than 17
percent of partners in law firms are women, and, according to The
Boston Globe, more than half of all medical students and 42 percent of
hospital interns are women. Among the handful of occupations that
underperform engineering in the percentage of female practitioners is
truck driving, at 5 percent.

> ---------------------------------------------------

link :

**broken link removed**

silicon vision egypt careers@

cause sometimes we're too afraid to join engineering colleges...
tough studies...why bother and even start in them..!!!

we may end up sitting at home, feeding the kids, cooking, cleaning and washing the dishes...so getting a tough education -engineering or whatever- won't be of any valuable use in the future...especially for those who intend to stay at home after all :D

also...being in the engineering field doesn't make girls feel they're girls...!!! and it's partly true...unfortunately!

Status
Not open for further replies.