Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VLSI design project ideas for final year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankit.goel23

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello people
I am searching for project topics for my final project.
I have made projects on aes(vhdl) and i2c(verilog) previously.

Hoping for some good ideas!
Thanx in advance :p

Hi,

There are a number of ideas from which you could choose one and make your final project.

Implementing a UART or a USART chip in VHDL/Verilog is a great project. It will not only help you learn about serial communication but also about how sequential circuits are realized using HDLs.

Making a small microprocessor is another great idea. It will give you a thorough experience in microprocessors, memories, handshake protocols, and of course digital design.

If you want to learn a modern technology, study and implement the AMBA bus architecture. It is a good bus architecture by ARM and is being used in many modern RISC-based processors, probably even in the phone you have. It's not difficult once you understand the various signals involved in it.

If you want to work with combinational circuits, then explore arithmetic circuits: adders, floating-point units, multipliers, shifters, etc. It is a vast and deep ocean of VLSI circuits and an ongoing field of research.

If you want to try analog design, then implementing opamps, PLLs or data converters like ADCs or DACs will be a good option.

Hope I have given you enough choices. Just make sure you learn something out of the project you choose and not just complete it for the sake of doing it.

All the very best! :)

Hi,

Go to https://opencores.org/ and pickup some good ideas from there.
It also depends on what you want to exactly do :
1. If you want to stick with RTL design :
Implement a core from opencores. Try to synthesis and perform PNR
Read about the issue queue for out of order micro-processor. See if you can code the logic up. Synthesis and PNR. I would definately try out this one. Its going to be tough though.
2. If you want to stick to circuit design :
Design and layout for a registry file. Lot of logic design, gate sizing and timing will be involved. Size of the registry file will depend on how complicated you want it to be.
Implement the issue queue by a custom circuit design. Read about the alpha dec processor.

Hope this help.
All the best

srp8514

Hi Ankit,

Abhishake is right, you can consider the AMBA bus, which is important part of all modern embedded processor.

First clarify yourself, whether you interested in digital design or analog...its important..then i will give some ideas...

Best Wishes... :thinker:

hey,
r u interested in DSP related projects??...
"VHDL implementation of fast forier transform".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back