Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

visual studio need help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vead

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
I have visual studio software I need some information, I am attaching some images and I don't understand. how to complete project with visual studio ? What I have to do next ?

step1.jpgstep2.jpgstep3.jpgstep4.jpgstep5.jpg

What I have to do next ?
Depends on what you want your application to do.

Presently you should be already able to build and run the application. It shows an empty window that can be closed again, also terminating the application.

But what do you want to achieve else?

Reactions: vead

vead

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Depends on what you want your application to do.

Presently you should be already able to build and run the application. It shows an empty window that can be closed again, also terminating the application.

But what do you want to achieve else?

I want to create a basic calculator application in C# using Microsoft's Visual Studio development software.

At the welcome screen, I click File->New->Project

then I see "Form1.cs [Design]"
After that I don't understand , what I do ?

I've had the same thing happen to me when I tried free versions of BASIC programming packages (including Visual BASIC, I believe). We would have expected a manufacturer to make it as easy as possible for beginners to start running programs immediately. However they put in an obstacle or two for some odd reason.

One or two steps might be sufficient to get things moving, if you could find which step to take.

Can you locate a similar program in the Examples folder? Load it and run it?

Did your package include a DVD demonstrating how to get started?

Have you gone on Youtube to look for tutorial videos?

Have you found a Visual Studio message board?

Have you checked Microsoft.com?

vead

The next step is to place controls (buttons, result display) on the form.

Then setup event routines that process the button input.

vead

I am really sorry for late reply. I am not belong to computer science side. but I really want to learn something about application software's thats why I downloaded visual studio software. Now I understood How to operate visual studio
I made calculator on visual studio
example
Untitled.jpgUntitled21.jpg
Untitled123.jpg

now how to start from basics , which type of project should I have to do ?

Since we're at an electronics forum, here are programs I devised which are electronics related. All were written in BASIC language.

* (a) input an inductor value, (b) calculate what capacitor value will combine to yield a desired resonant frequency.

* (a) read data statements containing price and dimensions of perfboards available at Radio Shack, (b) calculate cost per square inch.

* (a) input a tv broadcast frequency, (b) calculate length of several wire elements for a yagi antenna.

* (a) read data statements containing volt and ampere readings from photovoltaic panels, (b) create a graph overlaying volts, amps, watts.

* same as above for my homemade power supply.

* Detect when an appliance turns on and off, keep record of times and duration.

* Input morse code beeps real-time, translate into English characters onscreen.

* print a graph displaying Ampere draw from my 24V battery bank, to obtain a desired load at 120 VAC.

* Homemade program to simulate analog circuits. Animated, interactive. Save and load circuits. Option to create movie file of simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back