Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

visual basic interfacing with PIC microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_rouge84

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
visual basic interfacing

guys can any one help me i have to interface my pic16f877a to my pc with windows xp os. i need to make an user invironment for my project i am new to visual basic.

visual basic interfacing

Do you mean serial interfacing through RS-232 protocol ?. If this is the case then you have to use MSComm control in Visual basic.

Re: visual basic interfacing

im planing to use parallel printer port. some says using windows xp would be a problem! what can u advice
:?:

Take a look at **broken link removed** if you haven't already seen it. There is a lot of relevant info there.

is there any book that is free....!!!

you can use ready "serial port" in VB, just drag and drop, or access your printer port from VB and send bits to & from the PIC.
another solution switch to PIC18F4550 and use built in USB module, you can get ready made firmware from microchip website, just search the name "Microchip USB framework", if you used CDC firmware you will be able to communicate with it as COM port like any Serial port in your PC.

thank! 4 d advice, our professor said that we stick on parallel port as the basic pc com... and we need to create our own user invironment. were the user inputs the text then we need to display the text on a dot matrix led.:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back