Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Visual Basic - Graphical Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa7ed

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I've worked in a project. It is currently working with the Hyper Terminal (BUT) I want to use Visual Studio instead. Where can I find a clue to start my job?

What I'm looking for is:
How the data or commands are being sent/received between the Microcontroller & the Graphical Interface (PC) ?

can you tell me more specific what do you want?
do you use port paralel/serial..
using USB port, Or RS232??

but that i know is, you must setting your vb project first, if you want to interface your pc with some other device such as microcontroller..

click project-->>component-->>microsoft windows common control

correct me if I wrong...

thx..
andi21

wa7ed

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Visual basic comes with built in activex control for serial port communication. I think it is called MsComm activex control. Refer to the following link for more info.

wa7ed said:
Hi!

I've worked in a project. It is currently working with the Hyper Terminal (BUT) I want to use Visual Studio instead. Where can I find a clue to start my job?

What I'm looking for is:
How the data or commands are being sent/received between the Microcontroller & the Graphical Interface (PC) ?

you may check this #1261232 code for serial port communication in VB.Net to replace hyper terminal function with VB.NET GUI

regards
bassa

using mscomm activex is always good, as u amy have vb.net tehn u have a flexibility to use the the active x control in ur code

Thanks guys for your help.

Your links are really helpful ..

I got a sample program and i want to understand it well...
Can I ask here about the codes of vb.net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back