Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

virtuoso layout setup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanshuo

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
display.drf setup

Hi,
I am using Virtuoso 6.1 right now. when I start Layout.xl there is a message saying

There are no 'validlayers" defined in the constraint group 'VirtuosoDefaultExtractorsetup' to use virtuoso XL,to add the "validlayers' constraint to the 'VirtuosoDefaultExtractorsetup' constraint group in the 'xxx'

Although I can still open the layout window, there is no layers in the LSW panel and when I tried to the start the "generate from source" function, it warns that
"A license for VLX_XL is required but could not be checked out"

any clue of the cause of the problem?

virtuoso layout

"A license for VLX_XL is required but could not be checked out"

take a hint. also you probably don't have a display.drf in your local cadence folder, thats why theres no layers in LSW.

virtuoso layout lsw

it would be strange,since I use the server in university
and I do not have any problem with the ADE XL license

is there any special settings for the license?

I have placed a display.drf file in my cadence starting library, but it seems not helpful

there are no validlayers defined

make sure the proper techfile is attached to your layout

layout setup completed

I just noticed you have problem with VXL license but not ADE-XL. They are two separate features. Check your license daemon to see if you actually have a Virtuoso_Layout_Suite_XL or _GXL license, and if so how many seats are available and in use. Either you don't have the license or too many people are using the tool at the same time.

virtuoso daemon

I hope ur work dir has the cdsinit and cds.lib ?? Make sure u have all the basic files needed...
Do check wid your batchmates.. if its working for them...

fanshuo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
generate from source virtuoso

oermens said:
I just noticed you have problem with VXL license but not ADE-XL. They are two separate features. Check your license daemon to see if you actually have a Virtuoso_Layout_Suite_XL or _GXL license, and if so how many seats are available and in use. Either you don't have the license or too many people are using the tool at the same time.
I checked the license
I think this should not be a problem
My guess is that there is something wrong with the setup

type in terminal:

cat your_license_file.lic | grep XL

and make sure theres a line such as:

FEATURE Virtuoso_Layout_Suite_GXL <daemon> <version> <expiration date> <number of licenses> \

fanshuo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I just solved the problem.It is because the library is attached to a wrong techlib.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back