Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtuoso layout parameterization

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl_chao

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
virtuoso layout using pcell

Hi,

I want to draw say a NMOS layout with its w and l parameterized so that everytime I use it, I just type in its w and l, then, it will automatically give me the corresponding sized layout cell. Does anyone here know how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

I think you need the PDK support

Yes, I'm using PDK. It can do what you need

Search pcell in the doc.
As far as I remember there is a good tutorial that explain how to do it.

Thank you very much okguy! That's exactly what I wanted.

hai ,
this is kumaran, I am also looking for the pcell generation for my project. so kindly tell me path where I can download.

in virtuoso schematic, go to tools->design synthesis->layout xl. then in virtuoso xl go to design->gen from source to get the pcell layout. then move the pcells around as you like. if you want to do autorouting with vcar, put the pcells in the prBoundary box before launching the router.

deepak242003 said:
make pcell

I dono what you want to tell. Please go through the topic before you want to comment on something.

Regards,
Sandeep

sandeep_torgal said:
deepak242003 said:
make pcell[/quote)
Please go through the topic before you want to comment on something.

pcell are the parametrized cell which will meet the requirement of carl_chao..... refer pcellref.pdf for more details...

Moreover people are expected to be patient here....

deepak242003 said:
pcell are the parametrized cell which will meet the requirement of carl_chao..... refer pcellref.pdf for more details...

Carl_chao has already got that information and has thanked everybody for that.We have diverted the topic to something else. What sense does it make to write "make pcell" now.

Regards,
Sandeep

If uare using a respectable kit it will have pcells

u see ur kit libs

see nmos what are the views avaailable
if layout view is there it must be a pcell
if not u have to write a skill script
or make a pcell ........

sandeep_torgal said:
deepak242003 said:

Carl_chao has already got that information and has thanked everybody for that.We have diverted the topic to something else. What sense does it make to write "make pcell" now.

Regards,
Sandeep

It makes sense bcausei it answers your sill question also.....

nyways u got the script or you want me to post here??

Please post the script. Let me check if the script works in MAGIC for such a silly problem...

Regards,
Sandeep

Read Skill lanuaage it will help u to do Pcell ,and automate the LAyout.need material search in EDA board SKill language the 5 PDF will be found.

kumarans said:
Read Skill lanuaage it will help u to do Pcell ,and automate the LAyout.need material search in EDA board SKill language the 5 PDF will be found.

Skill lang is required if you use cadence. But what am asking Deepak is a script that works for MAGIC tool. Or else let him post the available script which might help others in the forum.

Regards,
Sandeep

Re: virtuoso layout using pcell

Hi,

I want to draw say a NMOS layout with its w and l parameterized so that everytime I use it, I just type in its w and l, then, it will automatically give me the corresponding sized layout cell. Does anyone here know how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Does you already get the answer? help post it here, i meet the same question.

thanks,

Hai everyone,

we can have parameters whatever u want in pcell.. To Do this first flatten the pcell device Ex:-nmos Take nmos device in a new layout cell view and flatten the device.. Then select Launch and then select pcell.. U will get a pcell option in the above tab.. By using the stretch, repetation, etc.., give whatever parameter u like.. and then save and compile to skill file or Pcell..

If u compile to skill file a skill code will be generated...

To do more u can also edit the skill file manually if u know skill code.. I have a done a pcell based on this with additonal option by eiting the generated Pcell.. Also for via count use the repeation and qualify option.... So for width and length we can set the size default.. Also u can set the minlength and maxlength what we need...:p

- - - Updated - - -

Hai everyone,

we can have parameters whatever u want in pcell.. To Do this first flatten the pcell device Ex:-nmos Take nmos device in a new layout cell view and flatten the device.. Then select Launch and then select pcell.. U will get a pcell option in the above tab.. By using the stretch, repetation, etc.., give whatever parameter u like.. and then save and compile to skill file or Pcell..

If u compile to skill file a skill code will be generated...

To do more u can also edit the skill file manually if u know skill code.. I have a done a pcell based on this with additonal option by eiting the generated Pcell.. Also for via count use the repeation and qualify option.... So for width and length we can set the size default.. Also u can set the minlength and maxlength what we need...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back