Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtuoso Hotkey Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willt

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence hotkey

Hi friends,

I would like to set my custom hotkey in Cadence Virtuoso. How could I do so? For example, to zoom in, just press ctrl-z or any key I prefer. Any example written in SKILL??

Any guidance would be very appreciated ! Thanks

Will :D

virtuoso hotkeys

e : hierarchy in
Ctrl+e : hierarchy out

lebindkeys.il

Try to look a the file
Code:
<cds_install_dir>/tools/dfII/samples/local/leBindKeys.il
It contains the default hotkeys definition. You can make a local copy of it in your project directory or home directory. Then you can edit it as you wish.

Then you'll need a way to load this file. If you have write permissions on your cadence installation hierarchy, I'd recommend you to do the following:
Code:
mkdir <cds_install_dir>/tools/dfII/local
cp <cds_install_dir>/tools/dfII/samples/local/cdsinit <cds_install_dir>/tools/dfII/local/.cdsinit
This will enable default hotkeys whenever and wherever you start cadence tools. Then you can make a copy of leBindKeys.il file in your homedir and it will take precedence over the default one when your start cadence tools.

If you don't have permission to modify the installation hierarchy, your can make your own .cdsinit file using default one as a template and place it in your homedir and load a customized leBindKeys.il from it using the load() function.

Look through the supplied default initialization files and all the details should become clear to you.

hey, first of all great job on edaboard, thanks a lot for all your help guys!
I'm a cadence beginner and I'm working on a basic inverter for a start- my keyboard shortcuts aren't working either.
I tried copying the bindkeys.il file into my home directory, and common_bindkeys.il.. yet it doesnt work.. someone help me pls !

Hi dude,

I'm also a beginner

Do you have .cdsinit file in your home directory?
If no, please create one.
And put the following in this .cdsinit:
load("your_home/your_hotkey_file.il")

Hope this helps ~

Will

hey Will, thanks for the quick response!
nope, that dint work. I did have a .cdsinit in my home directory. inserted that bit of code, but that doesn't work yet. :(

How about if you type the following in icfb command line:
load("your_home/your_hotkey_file.il")

It should return a "t"
If not, what does it return?

it says badly placed ()'s.

i typed in just that:
load("/home2/.../cadence/common_bindkeys.il")

I mean you type the function in the command line of ICFB window
not Unix/Linux command line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back