Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] virtuoso expression to directly get value of one frequency component?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwagjj

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have done a pss simulation where I can check the 2.4GHz power at a port. However, I would like to make some kind of expression that will display the value of power at 2.4Ghz at ADE's Output value column.

01.PNG
this is the pss result that I have. The value that I would like to see si the one at 2.4Ghz(around -16dbm)

02.PNG
I would like the value (-16dbm) on this ADE window.

I tried to make some expressions on my own. the below is a description of my attempts:

first just made an expression 'test1' that is an exact copy of the pss result of a port.
==> test1=dbm(pvr('pss "/vout" "/gnd!" 50.0))

then I created 'test2' expression which is intended to capture the value of power of 2.4GHz.
I tried:

yval(test1@2.4G)
yval(test1 2.4G)

unfortunately none worked.

one thing that might be noteworthy is that in the virtuoso calculator guides that I found on the internet seemed to state the existence and usage of 'yval' function.
However when I checked the calculator function panel, there was no 'yval'. (xval did exist though). I wonder if my attempts of using 'yval' was totally off the target because of this.

03.PNG

I was trying to use 'yval' function but it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions on how I could make this happen?

Hi,

For strongest harmonic you always could use ymax function, for other I suppose you could use "value" function.

In HB analysis you could use "harmonic" function and directly write which harmonic you want to print, maybe this function works also for PSS.

Reactions: kwagjj

kwagjj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks! it worked!

1. using ymax
04.PNG

2. using value function
05.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com